This instructable is about how to create a simple and nice leather bracelet.
It was the first time I worked with leather, so I decided to create a leather bracelet because it is simple and doesn't require a lot of time or money. I also have other projects using leather, it's why I bought a couple of special tools, but you can do without. Just be creative and have fun !
Step 1: Tools and materials
- A small piece of leather - I used leather offcuts because it’s very cheap (around 2€ in France)
- Transparent glue (I used an old one I found in a drawer, initially for plastic, but any other type will be ok).
(From left to right on the picture)
- Two needles and solid thread (mind was linen thread)
- Awl to drill holes for the thread, or anything else with a point around two times the size of your thread
- Wing divider to mark the location of the holes. You can do without, it just help to obtain a regular sewing. I’ve heard that you also can do that with a fork, but I never tried.
Step 2: Prepare design and draw on the leather
I always make a fast drawing of what I want to make, just to be sure that I’m not forgetting anything, and to avoid size problems. But in this case, I did it more because of the habits than because I needed it.
I started by drawing the forms on the leather. Because it was just rectangular forms, I didn’t make patterns, I just took a set square and a rule.
Step 3: Cutt
The leather was around 0.03 inches of thickness, so I used scissors to cut it. Now when I cut thicker leathers, I use a knife and a rule, but for small pieces, I think scissors are more precise.