Here what you will need to do the project :
- Lego block (will contain speakers) ( I took a 8 x 2 x thick lego block) - Found in my closet
- Lego block (will act as the back plate) ( 8 x 2 x thin) - Also found in my closet.
- 2 small speakers
- I ordered 2 samples from Project Unlimited (Part number AS01508MR-R)
- Headphone jack (1/8") - Old one from a extension cable
- Hot glue
- Soldering Iron, Vacuum plunger, solder
- Dremel tool
- Needle-nose pliers, wire cutter, cable stripper
- Wires (you could use so telephone wires, would get the job done)
- Safety Glasses
- Spare time
- Multimeter/Continuity tester
Cost of this project : .... 0 $ USD... which is also 0 $ CND or 0 euro... God I like 0. As I said earlier, I found my Lego block in my closet.... I had an old extension cable for the audio jack and I ordered sample speakers... so, every components were free... :)
But, I guess if you didn't have an audio jack... this could add up... 1 or 2 bucks... or 10 minutes of hard-looking in you house to find a broken pair of headphones.