In this tutorial I will show you how to make my easiest mac n' cheese recipe that originated from my aunt. I am big on family and I am big on carrying on traditions. This is so easy a child could make it, however it is still cheesy and tastes great. If you are craving homemade and are tired of the boxed mac n' cheese, take 15-20 minutes to make this recipe!
Step 1: Ingredients and Tools
- 16 oz macaroni noodles
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 quart pot
- Microwave safe container
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Rubber spatula or Wooden spoon
Step 2: Boil Noodles
Step 3: Prep While Noodles Boil
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes until butter is melted and onions are translucent.
- Stir mixture together.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
Step 4: Add Your Noodles
- Pour half your noodles into the cheese and onion mixture and stir together.
- Stir in the remaining noodles making sure the butter, chees, and onion mixture evenly coats the noodles.
Step 5: Add Your Cheese
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir melted cheese in with the noodles.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of half and half.
Step 6: Enjoy Your Mac N' Cheese
When I make these noodles they don't last long. I have a family that sneaks over in order to get their fair share. Even my adult siblings leave their homes to come and get some. It is definitely easy and good comfort food. Give it a try!