Introduction: Easy, Non-Toxic Glitter Slime!
- Glue (preferably white Elmer’s)
- We can’t speak to the consistency of other glues and see that Elmer’s is the best we have used - we only know how to do it with this particular brand
- Food Coloring
- Shaving Cream
- Contact Solution
- Table Covering
- Ex: tarp, wax paper, newspaper, etc.
- Measuring Cups
- Disposable Spoon
There are many different recipes for slime on the Internet, and ours is one assured to be non-toxic. It avoids any ingredients that could cause most allergy problems (a.k.a. Borax), and the materials you need are fairly cheap. Not only is our slime non-toxic, but it also has glitter which makes it even more fun. It’s safe and still a good time for everyone involved in the creation process!
Step 1: Put Down Your Table Cover
- In order to keep your creation space as clean as possible
- We are using newspaper for our example
Step 2: Gather Supplies
- Materials need to be added in a sequential order
- Having them all nearby is a necessity
Step 3: Add 1/2 Cup of Glue to Bowl
May use your disposable spoon to scoop out any excess glue in your measuring cup
Step 4: Add 1/2 Cup of Shaving Cream to the Glue in the Bowl
- If too much shaving cream is added, add more glue to the cup to even out the consistency.
- You may have to use your disposable spoon to scoop out any excess shaving cream in your measuring cup.
Step 5: Mix the Glue and Shaving Cream Together Well
- Use the disposable spoon to mix these two together until they are thoroughly blended
- You will know that they are blended well win you can no longer tell the shaving cream and glue apart.
Step 6: Add Food Coloring and Glitter
- Place approximately 2 drops of food coloring and pinches of glitter into the mixture.
- You may use more food coloring to get the desired color, may take at least 10 drops to achieve a darker color
- Add a pinch of glitter
- Don't worry about adding too much, it takes a lot before the glitter starts appearing after mixing. Keep adding glitter until you slime is a sparkly as you desire.
Step 7: Stir As You Add Contact Solution to the Bowl
- Continuously add contact solution while you stir your slime. It takes a lot of solution to achieve the correct consistency, so do not worry about adding too much.
- You will know your slime is the correct consistency when it is no longer thin and runner, but somewhat thick and sticks together well
- The green slime in the pictures would be too thin, while the blue slime is closer to the desired result.
Step 8: End Product
- Now you have a cup or bag of Non-Toxic Glitter Slime to enjoy!
Step 9: Clean Up Procedure
- Grab two ends of the table covering
- Fold the ends together
- Throw away