Easy Non-Toxic Play Dough

3,036

113

8

Published

Introduction: Easy Non-Toxic Play Dough

About: We are two brothers...usually he cooks and I build...and together we are fathomlis!

Easy Non-Toxic Play Dough that's ideal for indoor fun. When on a rainy day, and outside activities are not possible, just make this easy play dough for your kids, and see how they enjoy it. It's very easy and uses common ingredients.

Step 1: Gather Supplies

Ingredients:

1. White Flour

2. Food Colouring

3. Cream of Tartar

4. Table Salt

5. Cooking Oil

6. Boiling Water

Step 2: You'll Also Need...

1. Bowl

2. Spoons for measuring and mixing

3. Measuring cup

Step 3: Mix Dry Ingredients

Add and mix:

1. One cup flour

2. 3/4 cup salt

3. 15 ml cream of tartar

In your bowl and mix.

Step 4: Mix Wet Ingredients

Mix together:

1. One cup boiling water

2. 15 ml cooking oil

3. Few drops of food colouring

You can use any colour of food colouring,and can also use various colours. Add also more or less for darker or lighter colour.

Step 5: Mix Wet and Dry Ingredients

Add the wet ingredients to your bowl and mix with spoon.

Step 6: Take Out and Knead

Take out of bowl as soon as possible and use hands to knead it. Knead it well. Be careful, it's hot!

Step 7: Enjoy!

Have fun, whether playing with it yourself, or watching your kids enjoy it!

Please vote for this Instructable!

Check out our other Instructables:

Easy Omelette

Grandma's One Pot Meal

Easy Basic Mug Cake

Lichen Gardens

Real Chocolate Brownies

And visit our Profile

Step 8: Storing It

Store it in tightly sealed container, inside the refrigerator.

Share

    Recommendations

    • BBQ Showdown Challenge

      BBQ Showdown Challenge
    • Backpack Challenge

      Backpack Challenge
    • Clocks Contest

      Clocks Contest

    8 Discussions

    This it really neat. I'm going to make this for my cousin. I'm assuming it's safe for consumption if he decides to plop some in his mouth?

    1 reply

    Thanks! I wouldn't say it's healthy, nor delicious, but it's not toxic. Please post photos of your finished product!