Introduction: Easy Nutella Chocolate Cake
This is probably the easiest and yummiest chocolate cake I have ever made!
My whole family loved it and I'm sure you will too!
Step 1: What You Will Need...
155 g Cake flour
200 g Castor sugar
40 g Cocoa
25 ml Baking powder
3/4 cup Oil
3/4 cup Boiling water
10 ml Vanilla essence
As much Nutella as you want - I used about 8 table spoons
Toppings of your choice - I used a white wafer chocolate
Measuring scale, cups and spoons
Egg separator (not necessary)
Cooking spray (or butter)
Any cake pan - I used a Bundt cake pan
Step 2: Making the Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C (356°F).
2. Set the sieve over a mixing bowl, place the cake flour, castor sugar, cocoa and 20 ml of the 25 ml baking powder in the sieve and sift into the bowl.
3. Add the oil and boiling water and gently mix with the mixing spoon.
4. Separate the eggs using the egg separator.
5. Whisk together the egg yolks and the vanilla essence in a separate mixing bowl.
6. Add the egg yolks and vanilla mixture to the flour mixture and set aside.
7. Whisk together the egg whites in a separate mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
8. Add the remaining 5 ml of the baking powder to the egg whites and whisk until stiff peaks form.
9. Add one third of the egg white mixture to the flour mixture and mix with a mixing spoon.
10. Gently fold the rest of the egg white mixture into the flour mixture.
Step 3: Baking the Cake
1. Spray your cake pan with cooking spray.
You can grease your cake pan with butter if you don't have a cooking spray.
2. Pour the cake mixture into the cake pan and, when the oven is ready, place it in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
3. After you've taken the cake out of the oven, check if it's ready by inserting a knife, fork, toothpick, kebab stick or cake tester in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, your cake is ready. If any cake mixture is sticking to the cake tester, put your cake back in the oven for a few more minutes and check again.
4. Leave the cake in the cake pan on a cooling rack (not necessary) for a while, then turn the cake pan upside down to release the cake and leave the cake on the cooling rack to cool.
Step 4: Now for the Nutella
1. Put your cake on a nice plate or stand.
2. Scoop out the Nutella into a microwavable bowl and melt it in a microwave.
3. Drizzle it onto your cake. I covered the top of my cake and let the Nutella run down the sides.
4. Decorate your cake however and with whatever you want!
I cut up a white wafer chocolate and sprinkled it on top of my cake.
A few ideas for decoration are:
Edible little coloured balls
Icing sugar (sifted)
Step 5: Enjoy!!
Enjoy your yummy Nutella chocolate cake with friends and family!
PS, please vote for me in the Chocolate contest!
Runner Up in the
philipvandalen made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.