Introduction: Easy On-The-Go Sewing Kit
I don't know about you, but I get bored on long car trips. This summer I'm going on some very long car trips(or should I make that RV trips?) and I need something to keep me busy. I also love sewing. So why not mesh the two together?
I have made a easy to put together sewing kit that, if you have a table, you can do anywhere. This Intructable will teach you how to put together this easy, bring-anywhere sewing kit.
Step 1: Materials + Supplies
- a box of some sort to hold your sewing kit ( I used an old art kit that came in a briefcase); buy one here!
- some containers, bags, or cardboard to organize your materials; buy it here
- scrap fabric; buy it here!
- thread; buy it here!
- thread-like floss; buy it here!
- sewing needles; buy it here!
- small fabric scissors; buy it here!
- sewing pins; buy it here!
Recommended but not needed:
- instructions for a project
- fabric for a project
- thread for a project
- anything else you might want in your sewing kit
- polyester fiberfil (stuffing)
Step 2: Organizing Your Materials
Now that you have collected your materials, it is time to organize them. I am including a few projects in this kit because during that big trip, I don't want to be bored. I would recommend including some projects but if you just want spur of the moment projects, you can do that too. I would organize your sewing kit by Projects, Tools, Thread, Fabric, and Miscellaneous but you can put in any titles for your sewing supplies.
Step 3: Putting Your Supplies in Your Kit
With your equipment organized, you should now be able to put your supplies into your kit. I took the containers for organizing, put the materials in, and put the containers into the briefcase. Again how you want to do this is up to you. This is your project. The Instructable is just a guideline to make it easier.
Step 4: Store or Go
Now that you've finished with your On-The-Go Sewing Kit, you are ready to either store the kit until you need it or use it right away. And if you ever need more supplies, you know how to add them in so that you keep it organized.