Here is a soufflé recipe that is quite simple. In particular it does not involve separating egg yolks from white and beating the latter.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
- 1 egg
- 100g cheese (Gruyere, Tilsit, Jura)
- 1 dl cream
This recipe is only about the pattypans, so you should additionally plan the other parts of your meal.
Step 2: Prep the Pattypans
- Carefully cut off the top part
- Hollow out the pattypan
- Keep the top part for decoration, cutting it thinner if needed
- Steam for approx 2 minutes
Step 3: Make the Filling
- Mix one egg
- Add grinded cheese
- Add cream
- Add some pepper
- Optionally, add some pressed garlic
Step 4: Bake
- Cut a band of wax paper
- Staple it to form a ring
- It must fit into the hole
- Carefully add the filling, not exceeding the top of the pattypan
- Meanwhile, cook any other things you have planned.
- Constantly check your oven. The top of the soufflé may not burn. Due to the fact that the heat has to cross the pattypans, it takes a bit longer than for traditional small soufflés. If it is still liquid but brown on top, switch the heating to bottom only.
Step 5: Serve