Introduction: Easy Peach and Blueberry Hand Pies
A fresh fruit hand pie with blueberries and peaches topped with a 3 ingredient orange glaze.
This hand pie has eight ingredients and doesn’t take long to put together. It took under an hour from start to finish and that included cleanup. I love the convenience of store-bought pie crust because it makes for a quick whip up of this dessert.
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (2 pie crusts in package)
- 1 cup blueberries (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup peaches cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar for sprinkling on top
Ingredients for orange glaze
- Juice from 2 oranges (yields about 4 ounces or ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place blueberries, peaches, lemon juice, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut into 4 pieces. Do the same with the second pie crust. Brush edges of pie crust with water.
- Place some blueberry /peach mixture in center of each. Fold dough over, and press edges to seal. Place on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spray with canola oil and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut small slits in tops. Bake hand pies, rotating sheets halfway through, until pastry is golden brown, 35–40 minutes (juices will run onto parchment).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Directions for orange glaze
- Squeeze juice out of two oranges by placing strainer over the bowl and pour the juice through a strainer to remove any chunks.
- Remove strainer, pour in cornstarch and mix thoroughly. Place mixture in saucepan, add agave nectar and heat a minute or two until mixture thickens to a glaze.