I created my own design in Adobe Illustrator and sent it off to Spoonflower.com to have the fabric printed for me. The sky is the limit if you design your own fabric! I could've had the same design on both sides, but I decided to change it up just a bit. (I do the same when I sew pillows) I only used a portion of the yard so I added some other designs to the fabric (Sunflowers by Dianna Facci)
This bag was adapted from skiptomylou.org.
Step 1: What You Will Need
• 2 pieces fabric 19” x 16” (lining)
• 2 pieces 4” x 30” for straps
• 2 pieces 7.5” x 5” for pockets (optional)
• Sewing Machine
Step 2: Make the Straps
create a center crease to help you when you fold each side of the strap fabric into the center as in #2.
2. Open fabric up and press the outside edge of the fabric to the center.
3. Fold fabric in half and press.
4. Stitch down each side of the straps close to the edge, about 1/4”.
Step 3: Make the Pockets (optional)
1. Cut 2 pieces of fabric 7.5'' x 5'' for pockets. Fold edges over and press each pocket.
2. For a finished look, sew the top edge of each pocket across, close to the edge
3. Pin pocket to right side of lining
4. Sew 3 sides, leaving the top of the pocket open :) I added a seam down the middle to create 2 pockets.
Repeat for the other piece of lining.