This instructable will show you how to make a very simple, very cheap ghost pinata using items either already on hand, or items purchased from the dollar variety shops. This is a basic ghost, but you can certainly invest more time and supplies into something more elaborate.
Let's get started, shall we?
Step 1: Gather Supplies & Prepare Work Area
- regular flour
- plain old tap water
- old newspapers
- balloons (in this tutorial I use the large punch balloons – a pkg of 3 for $1)
- 1 white rectangle plastic table covering, $1
- rope, wire, twine, shoelace, etc – something to hang the pinata with ($1-$2, or on hand; I used a handle from a Victoria Secret shopping bag)
- CANDY! (the size of your balloon/base will dictate how much candy you'll need.)
- masking tape
- trash bag(s) or extra newspaper to cover work area
This will get messy, so if you have an aversion to getting your hands messy, you might want to grab some rubber gloves or something like that.
Prepare your work area by putting down the extra newspapers or trash bags to cover your work surface.