Introduction: Easy Pendant Lamp
Make a pendant lamp from two matching lampshades! Easier than you think AND you can make one to match any decor. Fabric choice is up to you!
Step 1: Watch the Short Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
E-6000 Glue & Spray Adhesive
2 Matching lampshades
Fabric of choice
1/2" wide bias tape
Butcher paper, ruler and scissors
Step 3: Here's How
1. & 2. Carefully roll the lampshade on the butcher paper (while tracing the edges with a pencil) to create the pattern and cut out
3. Pin and cut on folded fabric
4. & 5. Spray the lampshade with E-6000 Spray Adhesive and press the fabric to the shade
6. Hot glue the edge of the fabric down *use very little hot glue for this
7. Match the fabric seams and glue the shades together with E-6000 Glue
*don't use hot glue because the heat of the bulbs may cause your glue to melt
8. . Hot glue the 1/2" bias trim around the side to cover the seams, center and edges of the pendant
9. Fold the end of the bias over 1/4" to give a clean finish
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.