Introduction: Easy Plasma Pistol Prop
Hello! Today I will show you how to modify a plasma pistol nerf gun with LEDs.
Step 1: Parts
You will need:
- BoomCo Plasma Pistol
- Bumper Switch
- Zip ties
- 6 inch Metal bars (must have holes)(2)
- M3 1.5 inch screws
- 3.7 volt battery
- assorted jumpers
- M3 nuts
- Green LED with a resistor*
*I used a broken quadcopter board that came built with and LED and resistor built in, but if you don't have any junk boards laying around, you'll have to go to radioshack and buy the LED and resistor.
Step 2: Put in the Battery
First, unscrew the ammo compartment cover, as shown in the picture. Then, put the battery inside the compartment, making sure the power leads are sticking out one of the dart holes. Screw the compartment back on and you are done.
Step 3: Finish the Project
- Screw the metal bars on the gun as shown in the picture.
- Place the broken circuit, or LED w/ resistor, in between the gun and the outermost screw.
- Zip tie the bottom half of the board to the metal bars.
- Wire the circuit to the switch and battery as shown in the image. (blue/black means negative, white/red means positive)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.