Introduction: Easy Potato Spiral
This is an easy way to make potato twisters. Thin cut and even sliced.
Without the use of expensive machines. Just use a grater.
The spiral potatoes are super easy to make, they look cool and are delicious!
Step 1: Check Out My Quick Video Tutorial!
I hope this video will help you create those twisters.
Along with the video you can follow the (easy) steps below :-)
Step 2: Get Your Products Together
For the spiral potatoes I use:
- and a (cheese) grater
Step 3: Start the Cutting/slicing
- Get a skewer through the center of the potato
- Start at the top, make the first cut and carefully turn the potato
- put a little pressure and turn all the way until you did the complete potato
- now divide the potato slices to give them some space
Step 4: The Batter
I create a batter using:
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of seasoning (flavoured chips)
- 1 cup of water 1 egg (optional)
First crumble the chips/crisps, I used a pestle and mortar for this. But you can also put the chips/crisps in a plastic bag and roll it with a bottle until crumbled. This will give the flavour to the potato, I used cheese flavour, but you can use any flavour you like.
Then put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it together.
Make sure the batter is not too thick. Add some extra water if needed.
Get your potato stick and give it a bath in the batter.
Step 5: Deep Fry
Deep fry the sticks for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 6: Seasoning
Now you can add some extra crumble, some salt/pepper or anything you like.
Step 7: Ready to Be Served
That's it, easy hey?
- If you like to have the awesome dutch cheese slicer you can get is here:
- Or if you need the flat grater you can get it here:
- But if you want the real deal, you can get the twister machine here:
Thank you for having a look at my instructable ;-)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.