These soft muffins with a saucy swirl of cheesecake make for the perfect treat to bring to all of your holiday gatherings. Whether your into jumbo muffins, or bite-sized minis, these muffins are sure to be an instant hit !
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (200g) cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (188g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces (200g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons (75g) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans) (optional)
Scoochmaroo provides product links as a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Step 2: Muffins
Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
Mix canned pumpkin, oil, and sugar together, either by hand or with a mixer on low.
Add in eggs, one at a time, combining thoroughly after each.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
Slowly add flour mixture to liquids, combining thoroughly and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula until well combined.
Step 4: Assemble
Grease your muffin tins or line with paper cups.
Drop in spoonfuls of pumpkin mixture.
Add smaller spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture on top.
Swirl with a skewer.
Optional: top with crushed nuts. Pumpkin seeds (pepitas) are also a great topping!