Super easy raised garden construction, perfect for in a location where friends, family and neighbours can be told about your skill and awesomeness in the garden.
Step 1: You Will Need...
To make a square raised garden:
- 4 equal lengths of 6x2 timber. I used 1200mm lengths as that was what fit in my car. Have the hardware guys at the store cut the timber to length for you. Ask for "dressed" timber- this means its the smooth stuff not the splinter stuff.
- 4 L brackets with 10mm holes
- 8 coach bolts (10mm diametre)
- electric drill with 10mm bit
- hammer and spanner
- potting mix or compost
- wood stain (optional)
* note.... I built this garden bed as a replacement for a rotten edging the previous owners of the house had built... And planted a tree in. Building around an existing tree is fraught with issues... Only do this with research and great care.