Here's a sequel to a previous Instructable on how to make "Leggings outta sleeves". Check it out for more re-purposeful ideas:
Learn how to make a skirt out of a turtle neck for the special baby girl in your life.
You will need:
1. Turtle neck jersey knit shirt
2. Fabric shears or scissors, pins, needle and thread
3. Sewing machine
Step 1: Cut Fabric
1. Remove turtle neck leaving a 1/4 inch allowance.
2. Cut lower 6-8 inches of shirt from side to side. *
*Bonus: using the lower half of the shirt will serve as the hem of the skirt.
Step 2: Sew Part I
2. Pull the thread gently to pucker the fabric until the perimeter is the same as the bottom of the turtle neck a.k.a the waistband.
* Note: a running stitch is also known as a basting stitch.
Step 3: Sew Part II
2. Sew with machine.
Voila! You have now crafted yet another easy re-purposed creation!