Just to warn you, this is really sweet, but oh so delicious!
Step 1: Supplies
- Rhubarb 4 cups - About 9 skinny pieces of three huge ones (it just needs to create a nice layer in the bottom of your baking dish)
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Strawberry Jello 3 oz. pkg.
- Butter or Margarine 1/2 cup
- Yellow Cake Mix 1 bx. - Don't get any of the cake mix ingredients
- Baking Dish 9x13ish
- Cutting Board
- Microwaveable Container
- Measuring Cups - if you want to be precise
Step 2: Pick Your Rhubarb
Remember to cut off the leaves. You'll cut off the other end after you wash it.
Step 3: Cut Rhubarb
First wash them and cut off the ends. Regardless of it is store bought for fresh, cut off both ends because you just don't know where each end has been. Cut your piece of rhubarb lengthwise until they are about the width you want. Then, just cut it into little pieces.
Step 4: Assemble and Bake
- Rhubarb - Spread it over the bottom of the baking dish, it should cover the whole bottom.
- Jello - Sprinkle this on covering all of the rhubarb the best you can.
- Sugar - Sprinkle this the same as the jello.
- Cake Mix - Cover everything with this, spread it so it goes from edge to edge.
- Butter - Drizzle this over the top covering as much as you can. I missed a bit on the edge and it ended up really dusty there, you don't want that.
Step 5: Eat
Eat up! I can only eat a little at a time, but my little bro can eat multiple pieces in one sitting, so take a taste and see how much you can handle. thirtytwoutside really likes it. So take his word for it!