Introduction: Easy Way to Polish and Remove Scratches From a Stainless Steel Sink
(If you are too lazy to read the instructions, just watch the YouTube video.)
With this simple guide you will learn how to clean and polish your own stainless steel sink and make it look like a brand new. I polished mine when I moved in to a new house and the sink was kind of dirty after the previous owner. BTW polishing the sink makes it more hygienic. :)
Step 1: Things You'll Need
List of thing you will need:
- A drill (of course)
- A polishing kit (You can find cheap ones from here: goo.gl/q0vBS9)
- Metal polisher (or similar. I used eco friendly and non-toxic product: You can find it from here: goo.gl/vyG7Jq)
- Cleaning cloth
Step 2: Getting Started
Attach the adapter to the drill. Make sure that it is tighten enough so it wont come off during polishing.
Step 3: Polishing and Cleaning
- Apply metal polisher onto the polishing pad or sink itself.
- After polishing with the "rougher" polishing pad switch it to a softer buffer to achieve a nice glossy finish.
- Clean the sink with water (You should use soap if you used a chemical based polishing compound)
*Hint: If you are using similar polishing solution as I did the polishing pad should we damp all the time to reduce risk of scratching the sink. But if you are using a real metal polisher just remember to add more polisher if needed.
Step 4: Results
Here are some before and after pictures from my project.
Let me know if you have any questions!