Clearly, my food photography skills need a little work. I even have a nice new DSLR camera. Still, you should be able to get the idea. And it is a very easy recipe.
Step 1: The Players
- Anywhere from 18 to 24 ounces of vinegar-based hot sauce. I use various Frank's knock-offs and store brands. No sense using the expensive stuff here.
- Some honey to take the edge off the sauce and add a bit of sweetness.
- 8 to 10 heads of garlic, depending on their size and how little you care about your breath.
- Some salt for roasting the garlic.
- Some oil, again for roasting the garlic. I use olive oil.
- 1 stick of butter, cut into pieces, though you don't need to do that until later.
Step 2: Celebrity Roast
Really, all you need to do is cut the tops off of the heads, being careful not to waste too much, drizzle the remainder in oil and salt, wrap it all up in a foil burrito, then bake at 400 degrees for an hour and fifteen minutes or so. It should look like the fourth photo when it's done.