Step 1: Assemble Ingredients
2 T. Sugar
2 t. corn starch
spices - 1/4 t. cinnamon sugar, 1/8 t. ginger, a dash of fresh ground nutmeg
1 t. vanilla
1 pie crust (put the other away for another day)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Step 2: Make the Fruit Filling
2. skin fruit
3. slice and pit fruit - make about 2 cups
4. Add 2T sugar, 2t cornstarch, spices(cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg), and 1 t. vanilla
5. Mix it up
Step 3: Make the Pie
2. Spoon out the fruit filling (do not use the extra liquid)
3. add a couple dabs of butter
4. roll up the side of the "pie"
(You don't need a rolling pin and don't handle the dough too much - that's what keeps the crust flaky and it shouldn't have any holes.
Step 4: Bake It - 350
1. Put the pie in the center rack in the oven*
2. Turn down the heat to 350 degrees F. (it was preheated to 425)
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes (I use an insulated cookie sheet which takes about 20 minutes, but my other pan browns a few minutes sooner.)
4. Take it out and rest it a minute
* if you have a "wet" fruit filling or just want to be safe, make sure that you have a baking sheet or pan with edges, or something underneath to catch the runoff if it boils over.