Introduction: Easy But Very Effective Door Draft Stopper
First Prize in the
I was planning do make a door draft stopper for a long time, but the remix and the winterize contest were my starters' gun - finally. I found the https://www.instructables.com/id/Wonderful-World-Draft-Stopper/ and the https://www.instructables.com/id/Draft-Stopper-for-drafty-doors/instructables, but: I don't have a sewing machine, so I started to think about something very easy. :o)
Here is my idea:
Step 1: This Is What You Need:
Actually, not much:
- An old blanket or rug
(or anything else that is thin enough to fit under your door and cosy enough to ceep you warm.
I used an IKEA fleece blanket)
- a piece of string
Step 2: Instructions:
1. Fold the blanket in the middle an measure the breadth of your door. Keep about 5 cm extra space and mark your blanket (1a).
3. Fold again and mark half of the doors' depth on all sides (4 marks).
Step 3: More Instructions:
4. roll it up to the mark on one side
5. make a small hole with your scissors at the imaginary line between the marks and attach the first string, and a second string in a second hole.
6. Turn your blanket upside down ( to prevent and air draft), place it under your door, tighten and add two holes close to your door (6a).
7. Roll the blanket up and fix it with strings. I used two on both sides and it worked fine.
Step 4: You Made It!
8. Place your new air draft stopper under you door.
Close your door and keep warm :) Extra plus: It wipes your floor, too ;)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.