Introduction: Easy Original Artworks
Being not only a g33k but also poor and stingey as hell, I figured I could make something to hang on my walls that would look good, be original, and cost me a little a possible.
- Requires very little artistic skill
- Looks good enough to be store bought
- Stylish and contemporary
- Cheap as chips
- Easily replicated incase I want to make more to match
Step 1: Preparation
- Ironing Board (or other heat resistant flat surface)
- Canvasses (I used box canvasses)
- Palette & Brushes
- Paint (I recommend water-based acrylic)
- Inkjet 'T-shirt' transfer paper
- Inkjet Printer
Step 2: Printing and Cutting
- Print image you don't need to worry too much about the quality settings of the printer as we will be painting over it
- Cut out image
Step 3: Position and Iron
- Turn transfer over
- Iron transfer onto canvas - follow instructions for your type of paper
Step 4: Painting
- Paint around lines of the transfer and fill in background
- Let it Dry
- Check for missed bits and paint over them
Step 5: Paint Inside
Carefully paint the inside of the shape a contrasting colour.
Step 6: Repeat
Repeat with more to complete the pretentious multi-canvas effect that is so popular in all trendy loft apartments
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.