1 cup Krusteaz buttermilk Pancake mix
2/3 cup Milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 cans of apple pie mix
1 Pie pan or 8x8 cooking pan
way to open can of apples
microwave safe bowl
**To do the modified version, I took 3X 2/3 cups of pancake mix and started with 1 cup milk and added until it was easy to pour**
Step 1: Step 1
* spray the heck out of the pan using cooking spray
* next open the can of apples with can opening tool, personally I used a nice side cutting can opener, though, in the past, I have used a key to open juice.
* Now, spread the apples as evenly as you can across the bottom of the pan
* Set aside
Step 2: Mixing Time
in one bowl mix 2/3 cup of milk with 1 cup krusteaz pancake mix, and set to the side
in a microwave safe bowl, add about 1/2 cup butter and nuke it in 30 second intervals until it is melted, then add about 1 to 1.5 cups brown sugar, and mix well and set to the side.
in 3rd bowl, mix 1 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
yes, my brown sugar is kept in an old pickle jar... and apparently I did not wash it out well enough cause now my brown sugar smells like pickles, tastes fine but still lol.
Step 3: Now Adding the Stuff in Order.
1. spread the cinnamon and sugar mixture evenly over the apples, using a spoon, or your hand to do so.
2. now, pour the pancake batter over your cinnamon and sugar covered apples, using the rubber spatula or a spoon to smooth it over
(cover said item in cooking spray and less stuff will stick to it)
3. carefully pour and spread the brown sugar and butter mixture over the top of the pancake batter.
4. Place in oven at 350o F (176.6670C <- if it's not converted right blame google lol) for 30 minutes, let cool for about 5-10.
5. Use a big spoon to scoop this out into a bowl, serve with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy
Step 4: Little Experimenting
Sorry about some of the pictures being sideways, not sure why they are like that, but eh, they work, also, I can never have a clean kitchen with a soon to be 2 year old boy, and me always baking/cooking/tinkering... Hope this comes out great for you, and give me any feed back you might have