Pardon my english and my lack of experience in wood working. This is my first instructable so please don't be too hard on me. I am not completely satisfied with the result but the idea that I want to share can be designed in many different ways. This plant and flowerpot holder can easily be used as bottle holder or book shelf. I just wanted to show you a way to harm wood pallet pieces. Hope you find it interesting and that you dare to try it out.
Step 1: What Will You Need?
- An old pallet (the older it is the cooler it turns your instructable)
- A hammer (okey I used two, but this is unnecessary of you only have one. I had one with silicone head to hit the nails, and the other one in iron which I didn't use to hit in order to protect the wood, but it's important the fact that it has a V-shaped back that helps a lot to take off the original nails from the pallet)
- Thin but long nails (you would need al least twenty, the length of the ones I used was about 7-8 centimeters. I am not acquainted with the inches metric module, but the size is approximately like an index finger)
- Coloured wood paint (I used one from Ikea which is pretty great because it tints but it still lets the wood to show its natural linear forms. I chose white color because I think it looks very discrete and elegant but it would be interesting to try out some other colors!)
- Maybe some white glue for wood (I had to use some because there was an angle which was very difficult to nail but I didn't but an expensive glue I just used mine from when I was at primary school because it glues perfectly on wood)