WHY DO WE NEED TO RECYCLE PLASTICS?
- Plastics is one of the most serious environmental issues.
- The use of plastics has increased over the years and it has become a large part of the waste.
- Recycling plastics saves landfill space. (1 ton of plastics saves 7.4 cubic yards of landfill space)
- 1 plastic bottle can save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for 6 hours.
- Recycling plastics reduces water pollution. (The chemicals in plastics pollutes the soil as well as water)
Step 1: Materials
- Plastic bottles (washed and unwrapped)
- They can be colored bottles too
- Standard lamp fixture
- Light bulb (LED)
- Why LED? LED vs CFL
- Glue gun
- Olfa knife or Exacto knife