Why Is It Green?
1. Reduces Plastic Bottles in Landfills
2. You Don't Over Water Your Plants (Saves Water)
3. Uses Natural / Renewable Resources (Rain)
4. Saves You $ Money! $ (By Saving Water)
How It Works:
When soil is wet, it is very dense. As it dries out, it becomes ready to absorb more water.As water in the soil evaporates and is used by the plant, it draws more water out of the supply held in the top reservoir, then into the bottom reservoir and out the holes.
In Simpler Terms:
The Water Replaces the Air Gaps in the Soil.
Therefore the soil Brings in or "Sucks" water from the Bottle.
Bonus!- When it Rains It Fills up the Bottles For You!
NOTE: When I made this Instructable it was Still Winter. So I didn't get to take any pictures of it in the Soil. (Because its Frozen) And any of the Hole Sizes Can Be Changed. Experiment to find the ones that work best!
Step 1: What You Need...
1. Drill and Drill Bits or Something to cut holes in plastic.
2. Hot Glue, Epoxy or Waterproof Tape
4. 2 Bottles- One Small and Thin, One Large I.E Liter Bottle (I Didn't Have One)