An entertaining combination two classics: Chinese Checkers + the most delicious shortbread cookie recipe ever = the perfect edible party game!
Step 1: Ingredients and Supplies
The cookie recipe: this is a very old recipe that makes the most scrumptious cookies.
3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) of unsalted butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar
3 cups white flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
bag of candy-coated chocolate peanuts, such as Peanut M&M's. You'll need at least 10 pieces each of 6 different colors of candy, plus extras .....yeah, you'll definitely want to buy the big bag if you have 'helpers' in your kitchen.
pizza pan, at least 12" in diameter
round plate 11 3/4" to 12 1/4" in diameter (the one used in this instructable is 11 3/4")
1/2 tsp measuring spoon
*printed Chinese checkers board template from Instructables: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-Chinese-Checkers-Board/#step1 by pudtiny
Step 2: Preparing the cookie dough
1. Cream softened (room temperature) butter and confectioners sugar together in the mixing bowl until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes)
2. Add vanilla and salt, then blend together
3. Add flour, and blend until thoroughly mixed.
4. Line the pizza plate with parchment paper. Spoon the dough onto the parchment paper covered pizza pan, and mound into a flattened ball.
5. Cover the dough with a top layer of wax paper or parchment paper, and then use your rolling pin to roll the cookie dough to a round 3/8" thick circle shape. The dough shape is easier to see through if you are using wax paper as your top layer rather than parchment paper. The surface of the dough should be flat and smooth.
6. Chill 30 minutes to 1 hour in the refrigerator.