This Cute Little Gift box cake is made up of chocolate Honey Cake and Icing Fondant.
You can serve this as Dessert in any Occasion. I hope everyone will love this beautiful piece of cake.
Step 1: Ingredients for Making Choco Honey Cake
1 cup of Self raising cake flour
3/4 cup of Honey
1/4 cup of Unsalted buttter
1/4 cup of Sweetend choco chip
1/3 cup of low fat milk
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Butter for greasing the baking pan
Step 2: Method for Making Choco Honey Cake
1. Preheat Oven to 350 F and grease the 9 x 13 inch rectangular baking pan with butter.
2. Combine all the Ingredients (except choco chip) in the large mixing bowl and Mix it in speed 2 using electric hand mixer.
3. Take chocochip in microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 1 minute.
4. Add the choco paste into the batter and beat it in speed 2 for 1 minute.
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes. ( Insert tooth pick in the centre of the cake and it should comes out clean)
6. Let it cool for sometime.
Step 3: Cut the Cake in Square Shape
1. After the cooling time, run knife around the edge of the cake and flip it carefully.
2. Cut the cake approximately 2 x 2 inches . ( Yield 20 square cake)
3. Kept it aside.
Step 4: Ingredients for Making Icing Fondant
1 cup of Icing sugar, 1/4 cup Icing Sugar for Final decoration.
1/2 cup of Sugar
1 cup of warm water
1/2 tsp of Vanilla Essence
Pink and Blue food colour
Step 5: Making of Sugar Syrup
1. Add sugar and 1/3 cup of water in large pan and melt it over medium flame.
2. Cook until you get two string consistency and then remove from the flame, set aside.
Step 6: Making of Icing Fondant
1. Take heat proof bowl, seive icing sugar in it ( to avoid lump formation).
2. Add half of the Sugar Syrup in it, If its very thick add water little by little ( a tbsp of water )
3. Mix it without any lumps. If you find any lumps, then go for double boiling method.
4. Heat water in large skillet over medium flame, place the icing sugar mixture bowl on it and boil it.
5. Stir it untill all the lumps disappear. Then take out from the flame.
6. Add vanilla esscence and mix well. Icing Fondant ready.
Step 7: Pouring the Icing Fondant
1. Divide the white Icing fondant in 3 bowl.
2. Add 2 drops of Pink colour in one bowl (1st Bowl) and 2 drops of blue colour in another bowl (2nd Bowl) . Keep the white icing fondant (3rd Bowl) aside for final Decoration.
3. Take a cookie tray or aluminium tray and line in with wax paper. Place the wire rack over it.
4. Take a piece of cake in fork and Pour the pink icing fondant on it using ladle. Coat the icing fondant evenly. and then place the coated cake carefully on the wire rack.
5. Repeat the same procedure for rest of the cake pieces.
6. If the fondant became dry, add warm water in it to get the right consistency.
7. Let the coated cake rest for about 20 minutes.
Step 8: Decorating the Cake
1. To thicken the fondant for decoration, add icing sugar in the white icing fondant (3rd Bowl) and mix well.
2. Then pour the creamy fondant into piping bag and cut small open using scissor.
3. Decorate it as your wish. I decorated it like gift box.