Introduction: Edible Pi Bracelet
In-order to celebrate the "Pi Day", people wear T-shirts / goggles / caps with Pi engraved on it. I thought of making bracelets with marshmallow fondant so we can show off the Pi Day celebration and eat it as well.
Step 1: Make Marshmallow Fondant
- Mini Marshmallow - 300grams
- Castor Sugar - 600 grams (almost double the marshmallows or little lesser)
- Vegetable Shorterning - 1/2 Cup
- Water - 4 tsp
- Take the marshmallow in a microwave safe bowl, drizzle 1 tsp water and microwave for 20 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, mix it well and again microwave for 20 seconds.
- Mix again and if there are no lumps, then do not microwave further.
- Else keep for another 10 seconds and mix.
- Add castor sugar and mix.
- Spread little vegetable shortening on the work space so the marshmallow mix does not stick to the work surface.
- Drop the mixture on the work surface and knead.
- Add in more castor sugar and keep kneading until it forms a stiff ball of dough.
- Hold the dough stiff with one hand and pull the other end with the other hand, if the dough stretches by 2 inches and starts breaking, then its perfect. Stop kneading.
- Apply shortening all around the dough ball liberally and cover it with plastic wrap and set aside overnight.
- The white marshmallow fondant is ready for use the next day.
- In-order to color the fondant, it is preferable to use gel colors.
- Liquid colors can alter the consistency of the fondant.
- Take a tiny bulb of white fondant and dip it inside the gel color and wipe it on the white fondant and knead well.
- Repeat this process, until the right color is obtained.
- nI have mixed few colors to get different colors like moss green, dark green, blue, black, brown, red and yellow colors.
Step 2: Make the PI Shape With Fondant.
- Make tiny balls of the fondant of various colors.
- Use a tooth pick and poke it through the ball so it makes a pipe hole across the middle of the ball.
- Use a tooth pick again and push the thread through this pipe hole.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for all the fondant balls.
- Your bracelet is ready.
- For making multi-coloured fondant balls, take a very small amount of fondant and roll it with your palms so it forms an extremely thin pipe. Align such pipes of various colors next to each other, then press it against each other and start rolling into small balls. Repeat steps 2 and 3 again inorder to attach it to the bracelet thread.
- Press each fondant ball so it forms patties.
- Take a tooth pick and make carving of a pi symbol on top of the fondant patties.
- Take a very small amount of fondant and roll it with your palms so it forms an extremely thin pipe. Then use a knife, cut it into lengths as big as you wish your pi symbol to be and with little water, stick it on the carvings on the fondant patties.
- You could repeat the above basic steps and create more bracelets as per your imagination.
The Fondant Bracelet is ready.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.