This is a quick and simple project that anyone can do with few tools. I have been seeing these lamps all over the place as of late, and I simply love them, so I decided to make one for myself. I decided to use PVC in this project because I have so much on hand, but this could be made from a variety of different pipe material.
Here is what you will need.
1. 1/2 " PVC (A total less than 2 feet was used in this project)
2. Four 1/2" PVC elbows
3. One 3/4" to 1/2" PVC Adapter
4. One Light socket
5. One Light Bulb ( Used an Edison bulb from Lowes)
6. One piece of wood for the base (My piece of wood measures 9 1/4" L x 5 1/4" W)
7. One Metal Floor Flange
8. Can of Rust-oleum Cooper Spray (This can be any brand)
9. One 1/2" PVC adapter with the threaded insert.
10. Four wood screws
11. Cork to cover the bottom of the light base (This is totally optional and other materials can be used like felt.)
12. Wood Finish. (Whatever wood finish you prefer - I used Johnson Paste wax)
1. Circular Saw
2. Screw Driver
3. Craftsman rotary tool with a straight bit (Dremel or other brand)
4. PVC Pipe Cutters
5. Measuring Tape
7. Drill bits, and a 1/2" spade bit
8. Hot Glue gun (or any other glue you prefer)