The colorimeter kit is an open source hardware project: KiCad files for the electronics, enclosure designs and software are hosted and updated here: https://bitbucket.org/iorodeo/colorimeter/. For those interested in making their own boards and laser cut parts we have included the Gerber files for the 3 PCBs with BOMs, as well as the files for the laser cut parts. A list of all additional materials (hardware etc) can also be found in the online User Manual.
For more information on the educational colorimeter kit, visit the project website at www.iorodeo.com/colorimeter and the Kickstarter project at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iorodeo-colorimeter/educational-colorimeter-kit
There is now a video of the assembly at the end of this instructable in Step 8.
Step 1: Kit contents:
Each Kickstarter colorimeter kit ships in a 6" x 4" x 3" clear container and contains the following items:
- Colorimeter LED board
- Colorimeter sensor board
- Colorimeter shield for the Arduino
- 11 laser cut acrylic parts for the light-tight enclosure
- Hardware for the enclosure (screws, nuts, washers and standoffs)
- 4 x pre-crimped 3" colored wires and housing
- Assembled ribbon cable for connecting the Arduino and colorimeter
- Set of 6 cuvettes
- Mini Philips screwdriver