Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3-5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 large cans of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 regular cans of red kidney beans
- 3 tbsps of olive oil
- 2-4 tbsps of chili powder*
- Cooked ground beef/turkey
- Rehydrated Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
- Cottage cheese or sour cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Bread with a nice crust
- Grilled cheese sandwich
- Tabasco sauce
*Here in the States, chili powder is a mixture of spices, so if you're elsewhere in the world, you'll likely have to mix your own (example recipe).
Note: When I worked at a small nonprofit, we would have "Slow Cooker Fridays", and this was the favorite meal to make. The ingredients were divided up.
-Onions, garlic, and olive oil
-Bread, croutons, cheese, etc.
I usually brought the chili powder, and there was already salt in the kitchen. If you work in a small office, I highly recommend trying this out with your coworkers. Freshly cooked food is such a relief, and it removes a bit of tension and stress in the office.