Introduction: Egg Carton Garden
This is a fun, simple, and easy way to start a mini garden, while recycling at the same time. Its very easy to maintain, very compact, and will become a great decoration in your home. Plus, there might even be enough space to grow multiple planes, making the accessable at all times and always right at your fingertips.
Step 1: What You'll Need
- I egg carton of choice (one egg slot for every plane you desire, so 6 slots for 6 plants) I'm using an 18 egg carton.
- A small bag of topsoil, some sort of compost, or dirt that will be necessary to be mixed with water to moisten for seeds
- A pack of seed (check on the side of the pack, to make sure you are using seeds that can be planted shallow, preferably one from 1-2 inches) I am using sunflower seeds that are planted 1 inch below the surface
- a water bottle half of water. lust to moisten the soil if not already moist. (I didn't need it because i was using straight topsoil i had in a coffee can that was mixed with compost
Step 2: Putting It Together
Now its time to put it all together. all you need to do is four simple steps:
- Put topsoil in each slot. Make sure its filled to the brim
- Start putting a little water in the soil to moisten it up
- Place seeds in each spot according to the package
- Water as needed and keep in a spot that fits the needs the package requires