In this dish, the hard boiled eggs are stir fried and then added to a gravy. It is served over steamed rice in India. Eggs can be added to any kind of gravy that you like. In this instructable I have shown how to make it with tomato gravy and peas.
Step 1: What You Need
8 Hardboiled eggs- peeled ( you can buy peeled hard boiled egg from the store)
Tomatoes - 2 Nos medium size
Frozen or fresh Peas- 1.5 cups
Ginger- 2 small pieces about one inch each
Garlic- 6/8 large ones
Corriender Leaf- 1/4 cup to garnish at the end
- Paprika Or Kashmir Red chili( For color) or adobe - 1 table spoon
- Cayenne - Depends on taste
- Salt - on taste
- Cinnamon-1 half inch or 1/4th teaspoon
- Cumin seeds- 1 table spoon
- Corriender Powder - 1and 1/2 table spoon.
- Garam Masala- 1 teaspoon or according to taste
- Cardemom - 2 pod or one pinch of you are using powder.(optional)
- You can get these spices at any Indian Grocery store or in the international food isle of big grocery stores carry it .
Step 2: Start Your Journey
Step 3: How to Stir Fry the Eggs
2. Now take these egg and slit them gently along the side from top to bottom in the center about one inch slit. do it on all 4 side. Don’t worry of it is tough and you egg broke into half. Just get a fork and make whole all along the egg.
3. Now heat oil and add all the eggs and REMEMBER to cover it with the lid. With the lid closed hold the handle and gently shake the pan so that the egg rotate. Do this for couple of minute till the eggs turn light brown about 3 to 5 minutes. Keep the eggs in medium heat also u will hear lot of spluttering sound which is ok. Switch off the heat and keep the lid on for few minutes.
4. Now remove the lid and take the eggs out in a plate. Save the oil.
Alternatively, u can skip frying the egg if you find it dificult. just take the egg poke holes on it with fork and keep it aside and follow steps to make the gravy
Step 4: Make the Gravy.
1. In any blender puree all the onion, ginger, garlic, and all the spices except salt into a nice paste. Add little water if needed to make a fine paste.
2. Now add the puree in the pan with the remaining oil. Turn the heat on and fry the paste for about 10 minutes in medium heat. At this point you will notice that the paste is leaving slight oil.
3. Puree the tomato and add it to the paste along with the salt..
4. Fry it for another 5 minutes.
5. Now add 1.5 cups if water to the paste and in the gravy(if needed add more water). Then add peas and eggs.
6. Bring it to a boil. Then lower the heat, cover the lid stirring every so often to check the gravy. If the gravy is too watery increase the heat and remove the lid, let the water evaporate.
7. Once i the gravy comes to a thick consistency switch off the heat and ass finly chopped corriender leaves.
Serve this with Naan bread or pittas. It tastes very nice over a bed of rice.