Introduction: Eggcellent Ham and Cheese Pie
This is the famous Eggcelent Ham and Cheese Pie, it's gooey, salty, and delicious. Everything you have ever imagined in a ham and cheese pie is right here. If you like quiche then you'll surely like this! Enjoy!
Step 1: Ingredients
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
1tablespoon unsalted butter, softened, plus 2 tablespoons melted
3tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
8ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded (2 cups)
4ounces thickly sliced deli ham, chopped
1/2cup (2 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
3/4teaspoon baking powder
4large eggs, lightly beaten
2teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/8teaspoon ground nutmeg
Step 2: Directions
1. Set oven rack to lowest position and pre heat oven to 350°
2. Grease 9 inch pie plate with softened butter, then coat plate evenly with parmesan
3. Combine Gruyere cheese, ham, and scallions in a bowl. Sprinkle cheese and ham mixture evenly on the bottom of prepared pie dish.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, pepper, and salt in now empty bowl. Whisk in half and half, eggs, melted butter, mustard, and nutmeg until smooth
5. Slowly pour batter over cheese and ham mixture in pan dish
Step 3: Yield
Serves 8 when using 9 inch pie pan
Step 4: Baking
Bake until pie is light golden brown and filling is set,
let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes
slice into wedges, serve warm and enjoy your EGGCELLENT ham and cheese pie
Step 5: Enjoy
You have now found a new recipe and can enjoy this with your family (;
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.