Eggless cookie recipes are wonderful creations because they are rarely messy or difficult, but most eggless cookie recipes usually add bananas or peanut butter as an egg substitute that gives the cookie extra flavours, so here is a recipe for the good old chocolate chip cookie that always pleases.
If you are making cookies for vegan friends, remember to replace the butter with margarine.
(makes a dozen cookies)
10 tbsp all purpose flour
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
4 tbsp unsalted butter
5 tbsp caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Lightly beat the butter with the sugar until homogenous.
4. Add the flour to the butter and mix. The dough should be loose and crumbly.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract and about 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
6. On a baking sheet, shape the cookies into discs about 1 inch in diameter, allow about 1.5 inches of space between cookies.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the edges. Different ovens may take different amounts of time to bake the cookies, so check on the progress periodically.
8. Allow the cookies to cool.