Introduction: Eggless Flax Seed Apple Cinnamon Cake
Craving a delicious apple cinnamon cake? This is the right stop for you. This Eggless Flax Seed Apple Cinnamon Cake turns out beautiful and delicious. The majesty of this cake comes from the fact that not only is delicious and beautiful, but is also rich in essential nutrients that promote health. This apple cinnamon cake contains approximately 20 grams of Flax seed. Flax seeds provide a great variety of health benefits including the support of healthy cholesterol levels, joints, and digestion. Additionally, this cake also contains Coconut oil. Coconut oil, as well as Flax seeds are both rich in essential fatty acids involved in anti-inflammatory effects in the body. Thus promoting overall heath.
This recipe doesn’t require many skills other than the skill to follow instructions, and it is also perfect for every occasion. Need a raise at work? Bake this cake to your boss. Want to impress a guy or a girl? This is the perfect recipe. Want to prove your baking skills to your mom, or mother in law? Bake her this delicious Eggless Flaxseed Apple Cinnamon Cake (you can also brag about how it will also promote her health). Also, did I mention that this cake is eggless? This means that anyone with egg allergies will also be able to enjoy it. Have fun baking!
Step 1: Ingredients and Utensils
- “Dry Ingredients”
- 2 cups of Flour
- 3 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ½ cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 3 Flax eggs (3 teaspoons of Flax seed and 9 teaspoons water)
- ¾ cup regular or Chocolate Milk
- 1 Small bowl
- 1 Medium bowl
- 1 Large bowl
- 12 cups Cake pan
- Electric Hand Mixer (optional)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Small Spoon
- Big spoon
Step 2: Prep and Dry Ingredients Combination
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Use the measuring cups to add 2 cups of flour to the medium sized bowl.
3. Add 3 teaspoons of Cinnamon to the medium size bowl containing the flour.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the medium size bowl containing the flour and the cinnamon.
5. Add 2 teaspoons of baking powder to the bowl containing the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the bowl containing the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
7. Use a spoon to mix the ingredients added to the medium sized bowl until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
Note: The mixture should have a light brown color.
Step 3: Preparation of Flax Eggs
1. Use the measuring spoons to add 3 teaspoons of flax seeds to a small bowl.
2. Add 9 tablespoons of water to the small bowl.
3. Set aside the mixture for 2 minutes.
4. Using a small spoon mix the ingredients in the small bowl.
Note: The mixture should be viscous (egg-like consistency).
Tip: If the consistency is not the desired one add more flax seed to make it more viscous and more water to make it more liquid.
5. This mixture would be used as the 3 Flax eggs.
6. Set the 3 flax eggs aside, until they are needed later.
Step 4: "Wet" Ingredients Combination
1. Deposit ½ cup of softened unsalted butter to the large bowl.
Note: Softened butter should still be solid, but would be easily malleable.
Note: If the butter is not softened, microwave it for 20 seconds or until softened, but make sure it doesn’t
2. Use the measuring cups to measure ¼ cup of coconut oil (in solid consistency).
3. Add the measured ¼ of a cup of coconut oil to the large bowl containing the butter.
4. Measure ½ of brown sugar using the measuring cups.
5. Add the ½ of brown sugar to the large bowl containing the butter and coconut oil.
6. Measure ½ of brown sugar using the measuring cups.
7. Add the ½ of white sugar to the large bowl containing the butter, coconut oil, and brown sugar.
8. Add the 3 Flax eggs that were set aside earlier.
9. Add ¾ cup of chocolate milk or regular milk.
10. Use a hand mixer in low power to combine all the ingredients in the large bowl.
11. Set this mixture aside
Step 5: Combining the "Wet" and "Dry" Ingredients
1. Obtain the medium size bowl containing the dry ingredients.
2. Set the medium size bowl and the large size bowl beside each other.
3. Add 1/3 of the mixture of dry ingredients in the medium bowl to the large bowl containing the wet ingredients.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients with the hand mixer on low power.
Note: Keep the hand mixer's beaters inside the mixture while the hand mixer is on to prevent messes.
5. Pour another 1/3 of the dry ingredients in the medium bowl to the large bowl.
6. Combine the ingredients on the large bowl using a hand mixer on low power.
7. Deposit the last 1/3 of the dry ingredients mixture in the medium bowl to the large bowl.
8. Combine all the ingredients on the large bowl using a hand mixer on low power.
Note: The batter should have a peanut butter-like consistency
Step 6: Preparation of the Cake Pan
1. Spray non-stick cooking spray to the cake pan and cover completely.
2. Open the Apple pie filling can.
3. Place the apples slices around the cake pan in a vertical form.
Caution: Some of the apple slices are very tender and break easily, make sure to handle with care so they
Note: You should use approximately 1/3 of the can of apple pie filling for this step.
4. Add 1/3 cup of white sugar to a small bowl.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the small bowl containing the white sugar.
6. Combine the sugar and the cinnamon using a spoon.
7. After the cinnamon sugar is combine sprinkle 1/3 of its content over the apples placed in the cake pan.
8. Set the cake pan aside.
Step 7: Finalizing the Cake Batter and Assembling the Cake
1. Use a fork to crush 1/3 of the apples in the apple pie filling can.
2. Once the 1/3 of the apples are crushed, add them to the cake batter.
3. Save the remaining 1/3 of the apple pie filling can for the next step.
4. Mix the batter using the electric hand mixer, resulting in the finalized cake batter.
5. Obtain the already prepared cake pan (from Step 5).
5. With a large spoon, scoop half of the finalized cake batter onto the prepared cake pan.
Note: use enough cake batter to cover the placed apples.
6. Place the remaining 1/3 of the content of the apple pie filling can over the cake batter that was scooped over
the cake pan.
7. Sprinkle 1/3 of the prepared cinnamon sugar mixture.
Step 8: Finalizing the Cake and Oven Placing
1. With a large spoon, evenly scoop the remaining half of the cake batter to the already halfway filled cake pan.
Note: Make sure to cover all the apples from the middle layer.
2. Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the cake batter in the pan.
3. Place the cake on the oven and bake for 1 hour.
4. Enjoy the delicious apple-cinnamon scent that would be distributed throughout your home.
Step 9: Oven Removal and Plating
1. After the baking hour has passed, remove the cake from the oven.
Warning: Use heat protection when removing the cake from the oven, since it would be very hot.
2. Insert a knife in the middle of the cake and remove quickly.
Note: If the knife comes out clean (meaning no uncooked cake batter) then the cake is ready!
3. Turn off the oven.
4. Let the cake cool down to room temperature for at least 1:30 hours.
5. After the cake has cooled down shake it. This would unstick the cake from the pan.
6. After the cake has detached from the cake pan, place a plate over the cake pan and flip the cake pan while firmly holding the cake.
Caution: Flipping the cake has to be done quickly, otherwise the cake might break.
Congratulations! You have succeed in baking a delicious, beautiful, and health promoting Apple Cinnamon Cake. Enjoy!