These eggless crepe cake are easy to make and are inspired by the crepe cake I ate at Lady M, NYC. For the holiday I have used Gingerbread flavor with a hit of rum.
Step 1: Crepes
1.Whole Milk - 2 or more if needed
2. Flour- 2 Cup
3. Sugar - 1/4 cup
4. Any dark rum- 1/4 cup(optional)
5. Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
6. Cinnamon powder - 1 teaspoon
7. Ginger powder - 2 teaspoon
8. Nutmeg - 2 pinch
9.Butter - 4 tablespoon(melted)
10. Baking Powder - 1 tea spoon(5ml)
11. Salt -1 teaspoon
Crepe Mixture - Mix all the above ingredient, into a nice smooth liquidy mixture. Make user there are no solid lump of flour. if you don't have a electric beater use blender to blend all the ingredients in for 30 second.
Cooking Crepe -
1. Heat up a skillet and rub it lightly with butter. Then pour in enough mixture that it covers the griddle in a thin round shape. What I do is I pour the batter in the center of the pan. Then using the pan handle I twirl it so that it spreads evenly and nice think professional crepe comes out. First crepe is always a trial one as i find out if i need to add more or less batter next time.
2. Cook on each side for about 2 min each on medium heat. Make sure that they don't turn too brown that is turn them when they look golden to you.
3. Make 16 to 20 crepe of these kind. I have used 16 crepes here to make this cake.
Shortcut- If you don't have the time to make these crepe from scratch them buy them from super market, just that they wont be flavored just plain(at least that is what I have found in my grocery store)
Step 2: Cream Frosting
Ingredients for Cream Frosting
1.Whipping Cream- 16 ounce pack.
2.Mascarpone Cheese- 8 ounce pack
3. Run- 1 table spoon
4. Ginger powder - 2 teaspoon
5. Nutmeg- 1/2 teapoon
6. Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon.
7. Sugar- 1/4 cup or more to suit your taste.
8. Vanilla extract-1/2 teaspoon.
Make the cream frosting.
- Chill the container in the freezer for 5 to 10 min.
- Pour in the whipping cream and whisk on high till the cream starts to thicken. At this point scrap the side and mix in the sugar and whisk for 2 min or till medium peak appears. At this point mix in the other ingredient for 1 min in slow speed or use spatula till everything blends in properly.
- Put the cream in fridge for 15 min before layering the cake
Step 3: Layering the Cake
On your cake platter or board place first layer of Crepe. Add in the frosting and spread it evenly and generously.
Then put another crepe right on top of it and again used your spatula to spread the icing evenly on the crepe. Repeat this step till all the crepe are over. Remember crepe then icing and then repeating the steps till the last crepe. Now apply icing on the side of the cake to till you get a smooth side. Apply lavish layer of frosting on top and smoothen it.
To decorate I have used raspberry on the edge and the bottom since my daughter Mahi loves raspberry.
Keep the cake in the fridge for at least 1 hr before serving.