The Egglift is an appliance to cook boiled eggs made out of LEGO bricks, powered and controlled with LEGO Mindstorms.
- The original Egglift idea is from famous French inventor Roland Moreno.
- The black-and-white wheel light sensor is an original idea from Benjamin Erwin in his excellent book Creative Projects with Lego Mindstorms
- Thanks to [http://mailto:r.olivero_at_wanadoo.fr Richard ''Vauban''] for his help and advices.
- LEGO is a trademark of The LEGO Group. This document is not endorsed, sponsored, or authorized by The LEGO Group in any way.
Step 1: Description:
The Egglift is mainly composed of four elements:
1. A metallic perforated non-LEGO basket where you lay the eggs. The basket, made of metallic wires, is fairly small and can contain 2 eggs maximum.
2. A winch that contain a motor to pull up or down the basket through a string and also a light sensor to detect the position of the basket. (in red)
3. A LEGO RCX to pilot the basket through the winch and a 180 seconds temporization (adjustable). (in yellow-grey)
4. Finally, a LEGO structure where the three above elements are graft. (in blue)