Introduction: Eggplant Pickles Appetiser
This cuisine is so popular in the middle east, it goes well with fish, Egyptian fava beans and falafel.
You can also eat it with goat cheese, it's such a great appetiser that you can eat with anything you like.
This is the best way you can possibly do this appetiser cuisine
And it's the original way.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Fresh eggplant or aubergine
2. Fresh finely chopped parsley
3. From 7 to 10 cloves of Fresh mashed garlic
4. Two medium sized Finely chopped green peppers.
5. Salt according to taste and quantity
6. Cumin according to taste and quantity
7. Lemon juice "a lot"
Step 2: How to Do It
1. Wash the eggplants or the aubergine
3. Bring some water to a boil, then put the eggplants or the aubergine and let them boil from 10 to 15 minutes, then strain it and let cool down.
2. Put the mashed garlic, finely chopped parsley, finely chopped green pepper, salt, and cumin all together, and crush them very well, you can crush them with anything you want, but I use the one manual grinder in the picture.
Take care not to over do it as we want them crushed not mashed.
3. Add lots of lemon juice to the garlic mix ( As for me I put a small cup of lemon juice with the garlic mix for one kilo eggplant and another cup on the top after finishing).
4. Cut the yellow heads of the eggplants or the aubergine
5. Open the eggplants or the aubergine horizontally, Without separating sections from each other.
6. With a teaspoon, stuff the eggplants or aubergine with the mixed ingredients until filled.
7. Then put the eggplants or the aubergine in a bowl, and add lots of lemon juice, and voilà, it's served.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.