Introduction: Eggs Over Easy-101
Basic level instructions for beginning cooks. This is an introductory manual for single living college students on how to make eggs over easy.
The following instructions will include:
1. Safety considerations while operating the basic home stove.
2. Equipment and cooking material required to make eggs over easy.
3. Ingredients needed.
4. Step by step instructions with visual(s).
5. Tasty meal ready to eat.
Step 1: CAUTION!!!!
- WHEN USING STOVE, BE SURE TO NOT WEAR LOOSE CLOTHING.
- OVEN IS EXTREMELY HOT WHEN TURNED ON!
- KEEP ALL CLOTH AND COOKING MATERIAL OFF OF STOVE TOP WHEN NOT IN USE.
- WHEN STOVE IS ON, ENSURE TO MAINTAIN VISUAL AND WITHIN DISTANCE IN CASE OF FIRE.
- AVOID THE USE OF METAL COOKING UTENSILS WITHOUT WOOD OR PLASTIC GRIPS TO PREVENT PERSONAL HARM FORM BURNING.
Step 2: EQUIPMENT NEEDED
- Small frying pan
Step 3: INGREDIENTS NEEDED
- Two eggs
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. butter
Step 4: TURN ON STOVE
- Turn stove on to MEDIUM heat.
- Place small frying pan on top of heating stove coils.
- Wait 3 minutes for small frying pan to heat.
- Take 1 tsp. butter and place in frying pan, it will begin to boil, tilt pan to spread butter on entire frying pan surface area.
- Once butter has settled, and is no longer boiling but foaming, take one egg, while maintaining positive control of the frying pan handle, crack it on the corner of the frying pan. Once egg is cracked, release grip on handle and open the egg shell slowly releasing the yolk into the pan. REPEAT with second egg.
- To ensure the egg yolk does not stick to the pan, wiggle the frying pan gently back and forth. If necessary, use the spatula to loosen any yolk that may stick to bottom of the frying pan.
- After approximately 1 1/2 minutes, the egg should be solid underneath, this is the most important, yet challenging step, the flip.
Step 5: The FLIP
- Be sure the egg is loose and not sticking to the frying pan.
- Lift the frying pan an inch or two above the stove top.
- Tilting it downwards at a shallow decline, push the frying pan forward and tilt it back in a quick motion, and once the egg is airborne, lift the pan up an inch and as the egg comes down, slowly lower the frying pan to match its speed.
- There is a good chance the egg yolk broke for the beginners, it is the most challenging step in the process, but after repetition it becomes second nature.
- Even if the yolk breaks, some will still remain behind once it begins to fry.
- Wait about 30 to 40 seconds before the eggs are ready.
- Place newly created egg over easy on to plate.
Step 6: BEFORE EATING BE SURE TO:
- Turn stove off.
- Remove any loose material from stove to prevent possible fires.
- Clean hands and face.
- Move frying pan from heated coil, on to another cool coil.
- Place dirty used spatula, and teaspoon in to sink, or dishwasher to prevent the spread of foodborne illnesses.
Step 7: ENJOY!!!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.