Introduction: Elastic Band
This instructable is part of a cookie machine: https://www.instructables.com/id/Cookie-Machine-for-your-dog/
Between each patch there's space for one dog cookie. Because the band is elastic, the patches can be used as a shooting system.
Step 1: Materials
- pair of scissors
- needle and thread
- elastic band (25 mm wide - 1 m long)
- pencil (can easily be washed out)
- triangle ruler
Use the same color of thread as the elastic band to give it a finished look.
Step 2: Dimensioning
In order to make every patch identical, some dimensioning is needed.
- Find out how long one patch needs to be.
(this patches are 2 cm long)
- Draw a vertical line on the end of the elastic band, make sure there is some space left.
- Draw a second line at a distance that equals 2 times the length of one patch.
(here 4 cm)
Step 3: Preparing to Sew
- Take enough thread.
- Put the thread trough the needle so that you have a double thread (for strenght).
- Take your patch double, make sure that the drawn lines match.
Step 4: Sewing
- First make a good knot, begin from the inside out. Don't pull the thread through but save a little end for the knot. Before you can make a knot, you have to return outside in. Now you can make several knots to make it strong
- Use a straight stitch to stich the patch together.
- Begin from the upper left corner.
- Sew till the drawn line.
- Sew horizontal.
- Then sew upwards to the upper right corner.
Step 5: Finish Sewing
Finish the sewing like you began. You have to make the knot inside the patch for a nice finished result.
Now you have one patch.
Step 6: Repeat
Repeat step 1-5 several times for several patches.
Make sure you leave some space in between! Here the space is 2 cm.
Step 7: Finish the Cycle
When there are enough patches, you can sew the ends togheter.
For a nice look, make sure that the ends overlay a little or entirely. Here I took 2 ends of 2 cm and sewed them together.
Now the elastic band is done.
This project can also be made with a sewing machine. Here you can add a different color for a nice looking detail.