Step 1: Parts / Tools
Project Enclosure box from Radio Shack (You have questions...They usually don't have the right answers)
Voltage and Current meter from internet
DC to DC controller from internet
Bananna connectors from internet
And my favorite "HOT GLUE"
Step 2: Component Assembly 1
Please take a look at the picture notes.
Step 3: Top Enclosure Assembly
- I layed out the placement of the circuit board and scored the plate to prepare for the cutting with the Dremmel.
- Now to place the Bananna connectors by marking where the holes will be drilled.
- Finally I soldered jumpers from the out put side of the meter to the Bananna Connectors.
Step 4: Bottom Enclosure Assembly
- I placed the DC to DC controller in enclosure and marked where adjustment screws would be viewed and manipulated from the outside.
- I drilled a vent hole to help dissapate any possible heat.
- I permanently mounted the controller with Hot Glue
- Next I soldered the out put leads from the DC to DC controller to the Meter input.
- Finally I soldered the 12vdc 2amp max power source to the input leads to the DC to DC controller paying attention to polarity.
Step 5: Tested and Ready to Go
You can select between volts and watts or amps and Ah with selectible buttons.
I adjusted the voltage to have an output of 3.51 volts. I can adjust the current once under load..up to 2 amps.
The input voltage is 12vdc with a max of 2 amps.