The tools for this project include:
- Soldering Iron - not essential as the whole project could be done using wire wrapping techniques. I started off with the soldering iron so a lot of the joins were made with the soldering iron.
- Side cutters - for trimming component leads
- Long nose pliers
- Jewelry wire - I raided this from my daughters supply. Looks to be about 1/64" thick and is silver coated which makes it easy to solder
- 10 x 8pin DIP integrated circuits
- 1 x Feature IC - anythng in a bigger package will do to define the center of the bracelet. You could also use the smaller dip packages all the way round for a different style.
- 8 x 100nF decoupling capacitors ( look like blue beads ) (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12401429)
- 4 x 1/4W 10% resistors any value will do - we are using them for cosmetic puposes
- 2 x 1N1418 Diodes (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062587) - look like glass beads