I think I am being obsessed with lights and things which can be used to create awesome light effects. This time it is a very easy to make but elegant, stylish looking table ambience lamp. Believe me it's really easy. All you need is just some wooden or bamboo dining table mats :). And off-course its cheap :).
So lets get started.
Step 1: Stuff that you will need.
- 1 Bamboo or wooden Dining table mat (I got them for 50Rs per piece, which is about a $), I was buying them for my home (See Image of my dining table) )when I got this idea. If you want to change the color according to your mood or situation then buy 2-3 colors, as you can see in the picture that I have got coral, green, yellow and coffee. You can find them in any super store that has home and furnishing section. Check Google.
- A round wooden plank. You can try thermocol or cardboard as well, I already had this piece. The important thing is base should be firm and stable so that lamp can stand straight.
- A tiny binder clip.
- Some electric cord with bulb holder.
- 2 embroidery rings (we would need the outer rings, keep the inner rings safe, you never know they could be used in some other lamp.) IMPORTANT: Choose the embroidery rings first and then get the wooden plank (or cut it) such that the ring fits round wooden plank. You may find it difficult doing the opposite which is to find a ring that matches the wooden plank size.
- A screwdriver.
- A household drill (Sorry not in the picture). If wood is not your choice, probably you would not need this.
Once you have the required stuff, lets get started by first building the base of our lamp in the next step.