Step 1: What You
- 1 Robyn embroidery pattern download
- 1 fine point permanent marker
- 1 flesh-colored piece of muslin fabric
- 1 contrasting piece of fabric (same size),
1 skein of embroidery floss for the following:
- hair, eyes, nose, lips, hair bow, skin, dress,
- Polyfil or stuffing of choice
- 3 tablespoons of dried lavender
Step 2: Printing, Cutting, Tracing
2. Cut 1 piece of muslin fabric and contrasting fabric to size of embroidery printout.
3. Trace Robyn pattern to muslin fabric by taping muslin over pattern on a sunny window (or use a conventional light box).
Step 3: Embroider Using a Simple Backstitch
5. Backstitch eyes, nose, and lips with a half strand (split thread and use three strands together.
To learn how to embroider, check out these great instructable!
Step 4: Trace the Wrong Side of the Embroidered Doll and Contrasting Fabric
approximately 1/4 inch of space between embroidery and sewing line. Cut along the outline.
Step 5: Sew, Stuff, Sleep!
at the base for filling. Turn right side out, fill with dried lavender and polyfil. Stitch doll closed.