Introduction: Embroider and Sew a Sleep Baby Doll
Send your kiddo to sleep with this lavender-infused baby doll...for the full PDF pattern, check out my blog, www.thehandmadeproject.com
Step 1: What You
- 1 Robyn embroidery pattern download
- 1 fine point permanent marker
- 1 flesh-colored piece of muslin fabric
- 1 contrasting piece of fabric (same size),
1 skein of embroidery floss for the following:
- hair, eyes, nose, lips, hair bow, skin, dress,
- Polyfil or stuffing of choice
- 3 tablespoons of dried lavender
Step 2: Printing, Cutting, Tracing
1. Print out the Robyn embroidery pattern. Scale to desired size.
2. Cut 1 piece of muslin fabric and contrasting fabric to size of embroidery printout.
3. Trace Robyn pattern to muslin fabric by taping muslin over pattern on a sunny window (or use a conventional light box).
Step 3: Embroider Using a Simple Backstitch
4. Backstitch using full strand for Robyns hair, face, arms and legs, dress, pockets, and hair bow.
5. Backstitch eyes, nose, and lips with a half strand (split thread and use three strands together.
To learn how to embroider, check out these great instructable!
Step 4: Trace the Wrong Side of the Embroidered Doll and Contrasting Fabric
6. Lay embroidered muslin on top of contrasting fabric and pin. Trace an outline of Robyn, adding
approximately 1/4 inch of space between embroidery and sewing line. Cut along the outline.
Step 5: Sew, Stuff, Sleep!
7. Place right sides of both fabric pieces together. Pin and sew doll, leaving two fingers width open
at the base for filling. Turn right side out, fill with dried lavender and polyfil. Stitch doll closed.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.