Plus, embroidery is a nice relaxing thing to do after a long day. :D
Below are some of my embroideries - I sell them on etsy in my shop, making jiggy.
Step 1: Tools or hardware, if you prefer.
- embroidery hoop - this is a ring consisting of two parts. You put the fabric in between the hoops - this helps keep it taut, making the embroidering easier.
- small, sharp scissors. You can find these under many names.
- your fabric of choice! In most cases, this shouldn't be loosely woven or too stretchy. Simple quilting cotton will work fine.
- embroidery floss. This is cheap and comes in TONS of colors.
- embroidery needles. These have bigger eyes than normal needles to accommodate the size of the floss.