Introduction: Embroidery Thread Easter Eggs
If you are not into painting eggs this Easter, why not try decorating these plastic eggs with embroidery thread?I had some leftover plastic eggs and I thought these would work well.
What you need:
Double-sided sticky tape
Add double-sided tape to the top of the egg.
- Roll the first piece of thread into a flat circle.
- Stick the circle on top of the tape on the egg.
- Add four pieces of double-sided tape on the side of the plastic egg.
- Wind the thread around the plastic egg.
- When you want to change the thread color, stick the end of the first thread onto the tape and place the new color of thread onto the tape next to the first thread. Start winding your new color thread around the egg.
- Add more tape to the egg and keep winding the thread down the egg, changing colors as you go.
- Once you have reached the base of the egg, add your last piece of double-sided tape to the base and wind the thread around until you have reached the end.
These eggs make a beautiful addition to any Easter decorations.