Introduction: Embroidey Book With Scissors and One Needle Sewing Machine
The "Embroidery Book" introduced before can be made with one needle sewing machine and scissors.
Since this article is supplement to the original, please also read https://www.instructables.com/id/Embroidery-Book/ . Instead of Step16 in original, you can do Step 3,4,5,6 in this article using scissors.
Term of Use:
This article is provided by Brother Industries, LTD (“Brother”) under terms and conditions of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (“CC-BY-SA”).Users may use, copy, alter, or distribute any of the contents included herein, provided that, a) all terms and conditions included in CC-BY-SA and all legal provisions of “Instructables” (including, but not limited to, Terms of Service and Privacy Statement included therein) shall apply and Users shall be legally bound by them, and b) Brother shall not be responsible for any damages incurred to Users by following or referring any instructions or guidance’s posted in this article or otherwise using, copying or distributing any contents (in ASIS or in modified style or manner) of this article. Brother disclaims any and all warranties that the contents of this article is safe, useful, harmless, academic, or have any possibility of merchandise, and Users shall use, copy, alter, or distribute the contents by its sole risk and discretion.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- An one needle embroidery machine
Attached example requires 5" x 7" or larger hoop
Two pieces of felt fabric
- Embroidery threads
- Colors are depend on your design.
- Attached example requires 6 colors (Pink, Fresh pink, Light blue, Fresh green, White, Black)
- Embroidery stabilizer.
Step 2: Download Embroidery Data
- Download embroidery data attached. [book_CW_Easter_NoCutwork.pes]
If you want to make your own design instead of attached example, refer to original article Step2 - Step11
Step 3: Embroider the Upper Part of the Egg Shell As "APPLIQUE MATERIAL"
- When embroidering, the upper part of the egg shell is sewn as "APPLIQUE MATERIAL".
- We recommend that "APPLIQUE MATERIAL" be the color close to the fabric, or the same thread color as the window part.
- Note: In this example, we are sewing with a noticeable thread color to make it easy to understand.
Step 4: Cut Off With Scissors
- When the upper part of the egg's color is sewn, remove the hoop from the sewing machine, but keep the fabric on the hoop.
- Cut off the upper part of the egg shell with scissors. Cut it just above the seams. Be careful not to get injured.
Step 5: Attach the Hoop to the Sewing Machine With a Water-soluble Sheet
When the cutting process is completed, cover the hole positions with a water-soluble sheet using adhesive tape.
Then attach the hoop to the sewing machine, and start sewing.
Step 6: Embroider the Cover Page Outline Part As "APPLIQUE MATERIAL"
- Also, cover page outline part is sewn with "APPLIQUE MATERIAL".
- We recommend that "APPLIQUE MATERIAL" be a similar color of the fabric.
- In the figure below, we are sewing with a noticeable thread color to make it easy to understand.
Step 7: Embroider the Inner Page in the Same Way & Complete
- If you do the inner page as well- Inner page could be made in the same way.
- This is how you can make "Embroidery Book" with normal embroidery machine!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.